Jim’s - Patient Specific "The Plan", all designed especially to help you kick start your life and get hold of your health, starting today!
My Practice Story
The art of a holistic practice addresses the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. My approach integrates conventional and alternative therapies to promote optimal mental and physical health. Each patient is assessed during our initial meeting to determine additional areas that might need to be explored.
What I can assure you of in my practice is that it is no-frills, comes with lots of honesty, and old-fashioned common sense. All in all, a pretty good combination of change.
Today you are one step closer to a new you where you feel empowered and on a positive path to growth and well-being. My goal is to help you uncover your true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. Raise your expectations!
What I've come to learn most from my clients is that I'm not an expert on your life. You know your life better than I ever could. Rather than telling you what you should or shouldn't do, I get the honor of walking with you for a short time, side by side, on your life journey. What a privilege for me! Together, we will figure out those temporary life bumps and how you can best fix them.
My training is broad and unique;
My approach is flexible;
My perspective is wide;
My style is open, thoughtful and positive;
My philosophy embraces individuality and empowerment through knowledge, genuineness and connectivity.
Jim Hale MS, LPC, LADC-MH, is the founder of Brain and Life Renewal Center, a Division of James O Hale, MS, Behavioral Health Services, Inc.
Jim holds a Master of Science degree in Counseling Psychology through Southern Nazarene University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Administration from Wichita State University. Jim is actively working on his Board Certification in Neurofeedback through the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA).
Currently, Jim is under the mentorship of Dr. Lisa Black for BCIA certification. Dr. Black is a Licensed Psychologist in Oklahoma, Board Certified in Neurofeedback, Fellow, and has been practicing Neurofeedback since 1999. Further, Dr. Black received her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology with a specialty focus in Behavioral Medicine from the University of North Texas, and finally, she received Masters in Psychology with an emphasis in Neuropsychology from the University of North Texas
Jim is an active member of the Association for the Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB) and the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR).
Jim has worked with children, adolescents, and adult populations in his 20-year practice in mental health.
Jim's aim with Neurotherapy is to bring his skills in Brain Mapping (Quantitative EEG), brain training (neurofeedback, EEG biofeedback, Neurotherapy), and psychotherapy to meet the needs of the patients in the metro area. Jim's advanced training and passion for learning the latest, innovative, multi-modality approaches have increased Neurotherapy's efficiency and effectiveness. His patients achieve maximum health and quality of life.
Why Choose a BCIA Pro (Under Mentorship)?
Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA) certified professionals are internationally respected for six reasons.
1. BCIA is a non-profit institute that has been an effective advocate for our field. The American Psychological Association (APA) has recognized biofeedback as a proficiency in professional psychology because of the petition that BCIA filed with them. BCIA has been dedicated to a singular mission since 1981:
"BCIA certifies individuals who meet education and training standards in biofeedback and progressively recertifies those who advance their knowledge through continuing education."
2. BCIA's biofeedback certification is the only program that is recognized by the three major international membership organizations: the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), theBiofeedback Foundation of Europe (BFE), and the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR).
3. BCIA's biofeedback certification is based on scientific evidence published in refereed journals. BCIA rejects narrow, unsubstantiated perspectives and the conflict of interest that exists when certification depends on a specific vendor's equipment, databases, and protocols. BCIA certification is based on a reading list, Blueprint of Knowledge, and Professional Standards and Ethical Principles that were developed following an extensive job analysis and that are regularly updated by a task force of international authorities in biofeedback. BCIA continually gathers data to validate and revise its exams through the psychometric process to ensure the relevance, integrity, and value of our certification program.
4. BCIA's biofeedback certification exam adheres to the highest psychometric standards. We painstakingly evaluate and revise our exam on a regular basis. Several independent experts, who include clinicians and the most experienced educators in our field, regularly review exam items to ensure that the they represent key blueprint concepts, are sourced to our suggested reading list, and are psychometrically sound. We regularly replace outdated exam questions with new ones that are contributed by biofeedback authorities and then validated by our certificants.
5. BCIA requires that our certificants adhere to one of the strongest ethical codes in our field. In addition, we require that our certificants complete 3 hours of ethics continuing education when they renew their certification. Our rigorous ethical standards are one of the many reasons that our international colleagues have chosen BCIA biofeedback certification.
6. BCIA's Board of Directors consists of clinicians, educators, and researchers who have guided the development of biofeedback. Our Board includes leaders of the three major international membership organizations who have contributed decades of service to our field.